Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 1 November 2012

Celebrating Halloween

When I returned from the States on Friday, I had half a suitcase full of Halloween stuff and it went down a treat in my neighbourhood.  I reckon we had 100 trick or treaters at my house!  An unheard of number for the UK!  My 10 year old nephew and 8 year old niece came over and I spent the day making stuff for them.  I even made cakes and finger shaped cookies which for someone who NEVER bakes anything except potatoes was a real feat!
My main gifts for the children were these milk carton treat boxes that I made from 12 x 12 DCWV papers and topped with two wonderful Saturated Canary images I won from the lovely Krista ages ago and had to wait for today to use.  I'm cheating a little entering my makes into the Saturated Canary challenge #29 which is for a "shaped card".  I made boxes instead of cards using Zombie Niamh and Zombie Philly.
I am entering these boxes into the following challenges:
Totally Papercraft #140 "Spooky Halloween"
Creative Inspirations #187 "Lets Celebrate"
One Stop Craft #202 "Halloween"
Hanna and Friends #157 "Halloween"
I also decorated some plain wooden coffins for the children, containing Halloween Pez candy dispensers and eyeballs that light up.  They loved them!
And here are some of the cakes and finger cookies are made.  The 'nail polish' was a bit tricky and kept dripping.
We had a fabulous evening and the children will no doubt have tummy ache tomorrow but it was great fun.

18 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

Ooh...... this all looks yum! :) Fab treat bags and boxes!

hugs

xxalisonxx

heidy said...

Wow Lesley that looks amazing!
XXX Heidy

Faye said...

You sound more perky. Looks like I should have been at yours yesterday. Fab projects all round. X

Jane said...

With treats like that no wonder you had so many callers!!
Hugs
Jane

coops said...

wow these are fantastic lesley.no wonder the trick and treaters were calling but it means they will be back again for more now next year :D

xx coops xx

Mrs A. said...

Love your little coffins. I need to make one for a friend whose swap partner defunct on her so un beknown I will send her one to make up for it. Hugs Mrs A.

anita01 said...

Gruwelijk griezelig Lesley,

Dat oog, net echt uit een film....gaaf gemaakt hoor. Hier helaas weinig halloween in Holland...

Warme groetjes,
Anita.

Jules said...

Gosh what a lot of treats Lesley .. . everyone will be returning next year that's for sure. I fancy a bit of chocolate now LOL!!!

Hope you had a good time away.

I have to admit to not being a fan of Halloween but I do love the colours associated with it.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Ribbon Girl said...

oh you have been busy with your halloween baking, especially those fingers!! Thanks for the lovely comments you leave on my blog, much appreciated! Mary G x

Unknown said...

love your halloween goodies! and the images are colored so beautifully!!

thanks for joining in the SC challenge!!

big hugs,
krista

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful selection of Halloweeen goodies, nicely done
Hugs julie P

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello my dear sweet friend!!! This display is WONDERFUL!!!! You have gone to a lot of work here!! LOVE IT ALL!!!
big hugs.........

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely creations thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations with our Celebration challenge all looks yummy

Vicky said...

WOW.......sweetie its no wonder you have had soooo many trick treaters, blinkers these are all totally amazing.......are you doing the same next year? It will be worth the travel for me to come trick or treating at your door shug ;0)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Doreen said...

it's fantastic Lesley - everything.
Love the colours, love the images it's perfect.
Where do you live...because you wrote when I returned from the states....
Hugs
Doreen xx

Julie said...

These all look awesome!! Love your treat boxes and all your goodies for your niece and nephew look truly spooky! As for your edible makes - one word, wow!! Hugs, Juliexx

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Such a wonderful spread of yummy Halloween treats!! Fabulous job my dear on ALL of it!! ;)

steffie2005 said...

so beautiful.
Many thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends
Hugs
Steffie